Armed men kidnap 13 women in Nigeria’s latest abduction

59 minutes ago 2

A bride, 10 bridesmaids, a babe and 2 women were kidnapped during a nighttime raid successful Sokoto State.

Published On 30 Nov 2025

Armed attackers abducted 13 women and an babe during an overnight raid successful northeastern Nigeria, marking the latest successful a bid of mass kidnappings successful the West African nation.

A bride and 10 of her bridesmaids were among those abducted connected the nighttime of Saturday to Sunday from the colony of Chacho successful Sokoto State, a nonmigratory told the AFP quality agency.

Recommended Stories

list of 4 itemsend of list

“Bandits stormed our colony past nighttime and kidnapped 14 persons, including a bride and 10 bridesmaids, from a location successful Zango neighbourhood,” said Aliyu Abdullahi, a nonmigratory of Chacho village.

A baby, the baby’s parent and different pistillate were besides taken, Abdullahi added.

According to Abdullahi, Chacho had already been targeted successful October by bandits who kidnapped 13 people.

“We had to wage ransom to unafraid their freedom. Now, we are faced with the aforesaid situation,” helium said.

A Nigerian quality study seen by the AFP confirmed the attack.

“Sokoto witnessed a notable uptick successful bandit-initiated abductions successful November, culminating successful the highest fig of specified attacks successful the past year,” the study found.

It suggested that deals struck by neighbouring states successful the hopes of getting the bandits to hold to halt their activities whitethorn beryllium partially liable for the uptick.

Last week, attackers took 25 students successful Kebbi State and much than 300 successful Niger State. Those abducted from Kebbi were rescued and agreed with their parents, portion determination is an ongoing hunt for the others.

Mass kidnappings for ransom person go communal successful bluish Nigeria, wherever equipped gangs people schools and agrarian communities, often overwhelming section information forces.

The unrest has heaped unit connected the Nigerian government, with President Bola Tinubu declaring a nationwide exigency connected Wednesday.

Moreover, United States President Donald Trump precocious threatened to transportation retired attacks successful Nigeria successful effect to purported anti-Christian violence.

While quality rights groups person urged the Nigerian authorities to bash much to code unrest successful the country, experts accidental that claims of a “Christian genocide” are mendacious and simplistic.

Read Entire Article