Israeli military says it has begun ‘initial stages’ of attack on Gaza City

13 hours ago 3

DEVELOPING STORY,

Israeli subject says metropolis successful bluish Gaza is present a ‘combat zone’, suspends regular pauses successful warring determination that allowed transportation of humanitarian aid.

Published On 29 Aug 2025

The Israeli subject says it has begun the “initial stages” of its violative connected Gaza City, arsenic it declared the largest municipality centre successful the besieged territory a “combat zone” and announced the suspension of regular pauses successful warring determination that allowed the introduction of humanitarian aid.

“We are not waiting. We person begun preliminary operations and the archetypal stages of the onslaught connected Gaza City,” Israeli subject spokesperson Avichay Adraee wrote successful a station connected X connected Friday.

“We are presently operating with large unit connected the outskirts of the city,” helium said.

The announcement came arsenic the Israeli subject confirmed it suspended alleged “tactical pauses” successful its attacks connected the metropolis successful bluish Gaza that had antecedently allowed constricted humanitarian operations there.

“Starting contiguous astatine 10:00am (07:00 GMT), the tactical-local ceasefire of subject enactment volition not use to the Gaza City area, which constitutes a unsafe combat zone,” the subject said connected X.

Israeli forces person launched a sustained bombardment connected Gaza City since aboriginal August, arsenic the subject prepares for a larger battle to prehend Gaza’s largest municipality centre – successful an cognition that could forcibly displace a cardinal Palestinians to attraction zones successful confederate Gaza.

The relentless bombardment from the aerial and onshore has forced residents to fly to the occidental parts of the city, the Palestinian Ministry of Health has told Al Jazeera.

Gaza’s Civil Defence estimates that much than 1,000 residential buildings successful the Zeitoun and Sabra neighbourhoods of Gaza City person been flattened since August 6.

Residents described relentless bombardment and attacks from helicopters. “They launched a firebelt onslaught lone 150 metres (500ft) distant from us. They scorched the full area,” said Nihad Madoukh from Sheikh Radwan successful northwestern Gaza City, speaking to Al Jazeera. “It was precise scary bombardment.”

Displaced nonmigratory Ahmed Moqat said helium had been moving perpetually to flight Israeli attacks. “Here’s the debris that fell past nighttime adjacent to my head,” helium said. “Now I volition spell retired successful the street, lone God knows wherever I volition go.”

Dozens killed crossed Gaza

At slightest 41 Palestinians, including six assistance seekers, were killed successful attacks crossed Gaza connected Friday, aesculapian sources told Al Jazeera.

Palestinian wellness workers told Al Jazeera that 3 of the assistance seekers were changeable dormant by Israeli forces adjacent the Netzarim Corridor successful cardinal Gaza connected Friday.

Medical sources said Israeli aerial strikes deed the alleged “safe zone” of al-Mawasi, westbound of Khan Younis, sidesplitting astatine slightest 5 radical and wounding dozens arsenic they slept successful tents.

“We were sleeping erstwhile the bombing happened,” said a antheral caring for his grandchildren, whose begetter was killed 2 months ago. “The onslaught deed our country … We took the wounded ourselves to Nasser Hospital earlier the ambulances arrived. Stop this warfare against us. Have mercy connected the children.”

More than 62,600 Palestinians, mostly women and children, person been killed by Israel successful its astir two-year warfare connected Gaza, and astatine slightest 157,600 person been wounded, according to Palestinian wellness authorities.

Source:

Al Jazeera and quality agencies

Read Entire Article